How to share files between two computers: The utility of computers is increasing day by day in our lives, due to which we are dependent on computers, most of our work is being completed by computer only, so we have to work on many computers in a single day, like We use our personal computer at home and use another computer in the office, in such a situation we sometimes have to move a file from one computer to another and sometimes we have to transfer a file to another computer in the office itself. I have to share. How to share files between two computers? Today you are being told about it step by step on this page.
How to share files between two computers
There are many methods of sharing files from one computer to another, one of them is LAN cable, which is also called Ethernet cable, which is used to connect computers, a network, switch or hub, etc. With the help of two computers connected to each other, after that, you can send any file to each other computer.
How to share files between two computers Windows 10
Whatever file you want to send, you have to right click on it, after that you have to click on share with, now you have to click on specific people option, after that select everyone option and click on add, now on share Click, in this way your file will be shared in the network drive, after that you can access this file from the other computer which is connected to your computer.
- Right click on the file to share it
- choose share with option
- Click on specific people option
- select everyone option
- click on add
- click on share
Connect both computers with LAN cable
To share data between two computers, you have to connect both computers with a LAN cable, in this one computer has been named System 1 and the other System 2, so that it is easy to understand.
Go to System 1’s Ethernet
Now you have to go to ethernet cable, there you have to set properties for it, to set properties you have to go to system 1’s network and sharing center, here you have to double click, after that you have to click on properties Now you have to double click on internet protocol version 4 (tcp/ipv4).
- Network sharing center
- Double click on ethernet
- Now click on properties
- Double click on internet protocol version 4 (tcp/ipv4)
Now the option of use the following ip address will appear in front of you, you have to select it, after that you have to enter the IP address given below there.
- Enter 192.168.1.1 in the ip address column
- Enter 255.255.255.0 in Subnet mask
- Enter 192.168.1.2 in Default Gateway
- Enter 220.127.116.11 in preferred DNS Server
- Click on OK and save the settings
Going over System 2 Ethernet
Now you have to double click on Ethernet of system 2, and after that, you have to go to properties, here you have to double click on internet protocol version 4 (TCP/ipv4), now you have to enter the IP address, like in system 1 was entered, after that, you have to save the settings by clicking on ok.
- Enter 192.168.1.2 in the IP address column
- Enter 255.255.255.0 in Subnet mask
- Enter 192.168.1.1 in Default Gateway
- Enter 18.104.22.168 in the preferred DNS Server
- Save the settings by clicking on OK
How To Share Files Between Two Computers Using WiFi
Step 1. Connect both laptops to the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 2. Install and launch the File Transfer application on both computers.
Step 3. You will see all the users, PCs, or devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network with the same application.
Step 4. Select the device you wish to exchange the files with. Also, select the transfer type as in send or receive files.
Step 5. Select the files or folders that you wish to share over the Wi-Fi network and click on send.
Step 6. Accept the transfer on the target device to start the transfer.
Go to System 1 and System 2 Network and Sharing Center settings
First of all, you have to open system 1, there you have to go to network and sharing center, for this you go to control panel, after that you have to click on network and sharing center option there, now in front of you change advance sharing center Option will come, you have to click on it after that go to all network and select turn on sharing anyone option, now you have to go to the password protected sharing option, you turn it off, after that save Click on changes.
- First open the Control panel
- Click on Network and Sharing Center
- Click on Change advance sharing center
- Now click on All Networks
- Now select turn on option in Public folder sharing
- Select the turn off option in Password protected
- Now save the setting by clicking on save changes
How To Share Files Between Two Computers Using FTP
- Change to the source directory on the local system.The directory from which you type the ftp command is the local working directory, and thus the source directory for this operation.
- Establish an ftp connection.
- Change to the target directory.
ftp> cd target-directory Remember, if your system is using the automounter, the home directory of the remote system’s user appears parallel to yours, under /home.
- Ensure that you have write permission to the target directory.
ftp> ls -l target-directory
- Set the transfer type to binary.
- To copy a single file, use the put command.
ftp> put filename
- To copy multiple files at once, use the mput command.
ftp> mput filename [filename …]You can supply a series of individual file names and you can use wildcard characters. The mput command copies each file individually, asking you for confirmation each time.
- To close the ftp connection, type bye.
You are experiencing issues when trying to transfer files between two computers using ftp
In this scenario, the problem the user is experiencing while trying to transfer the files via File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is most likely because the server is not able to resolve the client IP address, which is the recipient address of the file. Is.
In this way you can share files from one computer to another.
Here we told you about How To Share Files Between Two Computers Using WiFi, if you are facing any kind of problem in file sharing, or want to get any other information related to it, then you can ask through the comment box. We are looking forward to your feedback and suggestions.